The IEEE Cloud Computing Journal is going to publish a special issue on the topic of Cloud-Native applications. This is an extremely interesting topic and it cuts to the heart of what makes the cloud a platform that is, in many ways, fundamentally different from what we have seen before.
What is “cloud-native”? That is what we want you to tell us. Roger Barga from Amazon, Neel Sundaresan from Microsoft and this blogger have been invited to be guest editors. But we want you to tell us soon. The deadline is March 1, 2017. The papers do not need to be long (3,000 to 5,000 words) and some of the topics possible include:
- Frameworks to make it easier for industry to build cloud-native applications;
- Educational approaches and community based organizations that can promote cloud-native design concepts;
- The role of open source for building cloud-native applications;
- VM and container orchestration systems for managing cloud-native designs;
- Efficient mechanisms to make legacy applications cloud-native;
- Comparing applications – one cloud-native and the other not – in terms of performance, security, reliability, maintainability, scalability, etc.;
And more. please go to https://www.computer.org/cloud-computing/2016/09/27/cloud-native-applications-call-for-papers/ to read more.